IMCA Announces 2023 National Convention

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                                                   Contact: Dr. R.J. Morgan

IMCA Executive Director

[email protected]

IMCA Announces 2023 National Convention

OXFORD, Miss. – This school year the University of Mississippi is proud to officially announce a full, national launch for the Integrated Marketing Communication Association. 

IMCA is a hybrid scholastic media/marketing organization built for the 21st century. Under the direction of Dr. R.J. Morgan, MJE, the organization seeks to bring together, honor and educate the country’s strongest, most creative and media-savvy high school students through a variety of new contests and learning opportunities. It is housed in the University of Mississippi School of Journalism and New Media, which is also home to the nation’s largest Integrated Marketing Communications undergraduate degree program.

“I’ve been active in high school activity associations at the national, state and local levels for almost 15 years, and I kept seeing a lot of really good design and promotional work by students go unnoticed,” Morgan said. “So I decided to do something about it, and the strength of Ole Miss’s collegiate IMC program made this a natural host site for us. Between their program and ours, we pretty much consider this to be ground zero for IMC education.”

IMCA’s student-produced media marketing contests range from team projects like sales and awareness campaigns to individual logo/t-shirt designs, social media ads, school hype videos and more. A full list of contests + submission instructions is available under the ‘Contests’ tab on imcascholastic.org. Submissions are due by Feb. 20. 

IMCA’s first full school year will culminate with an inaugural IMCA National Convention  at the University of Mississippi on March 30-31.

“Imagine spending a couple of months researching and designing a yearbook sales campaign or a community fundraiser with a few of your closest friends,” Morgan said. “Then imagine getting to stand up in front of a room full of your peers from across the country and present that campaign to judges in a shark-tank style competition. I mean, how cool is that?”

Beyond the competition component, students can anticipate a convention experience that includes engaging panel discussions with industry leaders and breakout skills sessions designed to help them improve their craft going forward. 

More convention details will be released in January. In the meantime questions about contests, eligibility, etc. can be directed to Dr. Morgan at [email protected]

IMCA Press Release